Job ID: 2902872
The Ivy Street School is a 766 private, certified special education school for adolescents with brain injuries, autism and other neurological disorders, located in Brookline just two blocks from Boston University.
This is a year round program offering small classrooms and high staff to student ratios with generous time off and salary commensurate or exceeding public schools.
We are seeking a Special Education Teacher. We will consider an already waivered teacher depending on experience. Teachers at Ivy Street work with high school subjects and will adapt teaching techniques and methods of instruction to meet individual needs of students, devise teaching strategies, tools and materials.
Teacher duties include:
- performing academic assessments;
- planning curriculum and lesson plans;
- assisting in the development of IEPs,Treatment plans and implementation;
- overseeing the implementation of behavioral programming;\
- conferring with parents, administrators, specialists, nurse and social workers;
- supervision of assistant teachers.
- Teaching experience, Masters preferred;
- Licensed Special Education Teacher in Moderate Disabilities. Already waivered teachers considered’;
- CPR/FA certifications or ability to become certified upon hire.
Visit our website here.
MAB Community Services and the Ivy Street School is committed to workplace diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Position type: Full-time
Positions available: 1
Classroom Teacher > Middle Grades
Classroom Teacher > Alternative Learning Environment
Special Education > Alternative Learning Environment
Special Education > Autism
Special Education > Emotionally Disabled
Special Education > General Special Education
Special Education > Learning Disabled
Special Education > Life Skills
Special Education > Mentally Disabled
Special Education > Mild/Moderate Disabilities
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Ivy Street School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- Master degree preferred;
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required.
200 Ivy Street
Brookline, MA 02446