The Town of Brookline wishes to share important information regarding next week’s presidential election with voters.
The presidential election will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 3 and the polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Those voting on election day should be aware of the following requirements and suggestions to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- All voters will be required to wear a face mask or covering.
- Bring a black or blue ink permanent marker or felt tip pen if you do not wish to borrow one.
- Bring a clipboard or book to use when marking your ballot if you do not wish to make contact with the voting booth.
- Avoiding touching your face while at the polling location.
- Practice social distancing and maintain at least six feet of physical distance from anyone not from your household.
- Keep your ballot dry and free from hand sanitizers to ensure to avoid tabulator issues.
Masks, gloves and hand sanitizer will be available at all polling locations.
Voters in Precinct 3, 7, 10 and 15 are reminded that polling locations have changed to the following locations:
- Precinct 3 voting will be held in the gym of the Coolidge Corner School, 345 Harvard Street.
- Voters should use the Stedman Street entrance.
- Precinct 7 and 10 voting will be held in Brookline High School’s Schluntz Gymnasium, 115 Greenough St. Precinct 15 voting will be held in the lower-level cafeteria of Baker School, 205 Beverly Road.
All other polling locations remain the same.
A full list can be found here.
Mail-in ballots for the Nov. 3 election must be postmarked by Nov. 3 and received by the Town Clerk no later than 5 p.m. on Nov. 6 in order to be counted. Ballots dropped off using the drop box MUST be delivered by 8 p.m. on Nov. 3.
If their vote-by-mail ballot has not been received by the Town Clerk’s Office prior to Election Day, voters can vote in person during the early voting period, or on Election day and their mail-in ballot will be rejected and not counted.
Anyone with questions about either the election or voting day procedures may call the Town Clerk’s Office at 617-730-2010.