The Office of the Town Clerk announces that Brookline residents will have the opportunity to take part in early voting ahead of the upcoming election, and wishes to share important information about voter registration, mail-in voting and more.
The deadline to register to vote in the upcoming election is Saturday, October 29, 2022, at 05:00 p.m. Eligible residents can register to vote online here. Residents may also register to vote by visiting the Town Clerk’s Office at Town Hall.
Early voting will be available for all residents at Town Hall, 333 Washington Street, Room 103 on the following dates:
- Friday, October 28, 2022, from 08 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 29, 2022, from 10:00 a.m. to 04:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 30, 2022, from 10:09 a.m. to 04:00 p.m.
- Monday, October 31, 2022, from 08:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 01, 2022, from 08:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 02, 2022, from 08:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.
- Thursday, November 03, 2022, from 08:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.
- Friday, November 04, 2022, from 08:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Registered voters who would like to take part in early voting simply need to visit Town Hall during those hours to request and complete a ballot.
The state election is scheduled for Tuesday, November 08, 2022. To vote on Election Day, registered voters should visit their designated polling place. To determine your polling place or view a sample ballot, click here.
Additionally, any registered voter who would like to vote by mail/absentee in the election may do so online by clicking here, or by scanning and emailing a completed and signed application — available here — to firstname.lastname@example.org. Registered voters may also obtain a request form directly from the Town Clerk’s Office at Town Hall.
The deadline to apply for a mail-in/absentee ballot is 05:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 01, 2022, and mail-in/absentee ballots must be received by the Town Clerk’s Office by 08:00 p.m. on election day in order to be counted.