You might be out of luck if you wake up Thursday and remember you forgot something you need to make Thanksgiving dinner. For those of you who’ve lived here all your life, you know the drill: Because of the state’s “Blue Laws” restaurants, pharmacies, gas stations, and small food stores can open for Thanksgiving but chains big box stores or liquor stores cannot. You can try a local convenience store in an emergency but call ahead as many of them have adjusted their hours, too.
Here is a list of day before Thanksgiving hours for grocery chains. Those outside of town may vary. We have also started a list of convenience stores open for the holiday.
CLOSED on Thanksgiving:
- Whole Foods: Open 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday before Thanksgiving. CLOSED on Thanksgiving.
- Trader Joes: All stores closed on Thanksgiving. (8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. other days)
- Target on Comm Ave: Regular hours Wednesday (8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.). Then Closed on Thanksgiving. Stores re-open at 6:00 a.m. on Black Friday and are open til 11:00 p.m.
- Shaws/ Star: Closed on Thanksgiving
- Stop and Shop: Regular hours Wednesday and Friday. (Closed Thanksgiving).
- Kurkman’s Market on Cypress Street: Open Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Friday normal hours 8:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. (closed Thanksgiving)
OPEN on Thanksgiving:
- Walgreens will be open
- CVS will be open