All of the following is from Brookline Police log or online blog. They are excerpts taken from the public police log and represent a portion of what kinds of calls the police respond to. All suspects are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Friday, Sept. 29
- Rocks: A woman came into the station to report someone threw a rock into her car’s window while it was parked at Dunkin Donuts on Route 9.
- Pedestrian hit: A pedestrian was involved in a crash near the corner of Fuller and Centre streets and was transported to the hospital. Unclear if they were hit by a car.
- Biker down: Someone called to report a cyclist fell off a bike and hit their head, near Amory Park. They were taken to the hospital. Unclear if they were hit by a car.
Saturday, Sept. 30
- Larceny: An Emerson student called to report a wallet was stolen somewhere on South Street.
- Bike crash: A black SUV hit a biker on Beacon Street around 11:00 a.m.
Sunday, Oct. 1
- Loud: Someone called to report a loud party on Babcock Street just after midnight.
- That was weird: A White Place resident called to report a man, she described as white wearing a black shirt, was banging on her front door around 5:38 a.m. Someone was transported to the hospital.
- Assault: Someone called to report she saw a man assault a child. She described the man as a white, and in his 60s with a long beard and not much hair on his head. She said she saw him throw a 12-year-old girl on the ground near a white van and he had his hands around her throat near the corner of Rt 9 and Reservoir Road. Police talked to multiple witnesses and said they determined there was no crime.