1. Learn what to do in a medical emergency at the “You are the help until help arrives” event on April 5. Hosted by Fallon Ambulance, the event is part of a series of events taking place in Brookline for Public Health Week. The event will run from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at Hunneman Hall in the Brookline Main Public Library.
2. Celebrate nature, innovation and science at the third annual Youth Climate Adaption Challenge on April 7. Held in the Pierce School Cafeteria, the event is an environmental fair that addresses climate change. It will run from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
3. Discover techniques for gardening Brookline’s urban/suburban environment on April 7. Held as part of Climate Week, the workshop will focus on permaculture techniques. It will run from 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in Hunneman Hall in the Brookline Main Public Library.
4. Learn about African-American history in Brookline through the Hidden Brookline Walking Tour on April 7. Led by Suzette Abbott of Hidden Brookline, the tour will include local Underground Railroad sites and other landmarks. The tour will meet at 2:00 p.m. at Town Hall on Washington Street. The rain date for the tour is April 8.
5. Enjoy an evening of music at Mistral’s 21st season finale on April 8. Held at St. Paul’s Church, the finale will feature a piece by Brookline resident and composer Elena Ruehr. The chamber music concert will start at 5:00 p.m.